December 31, 2008

2008


[ALL RIGHTS RESERVED FOR THE PHOTO]

The year our family lost two of our loved ones – Aunt AiAi and Grandpa.
The year I finally graduated with a Bachelor's and wore the square hat.
The year I had an enjoyable and memorable trip to USA with my lovely nine.
The year I had our first trip out with my dear V3 to HongKong.
The year I really learnt so much about cherishing my loved ones more.
The year I needed to expose myself to the society.
The year that leaves me on the fence.
The year that taught me immeasurable amount of lessons.
The year that left me with many tasks unaccomplished.

It is a bittersweet year. And happiness and hurt are feelings so pure and distinctive.

The only way to appreciate bliss is to have a taste of bitterness.
The flavours of life.
Only the contrast would make happiness stand out. Things that were once taken for granted seem so much of an importance now. Things that 'you-never-knew' appears before me vividly now.

Good times and bad times. Every year is a mixture of that, just that this year I'm feeling the impact so much more. Good or bad, these are lessons I have to learn and will learn sooner or later. Things that are fated to happen, things that are entwined in your life, things that are bound to happen, or waiting to happen.

Life, it's all about a few decades on earth with a hopefully healthy body. It's for you to taste the flavours of life and take risks and accomplish tasks. Once you're done, time is up. Sometimes there isn't enough time for some to accomplish what they've set their mind to do, but time is up for them, period.

I know time will not stop for me, and the lessons I've learnt will threaten me to stop procrastinating and start filling my life with more colours.

If I could buy one thing, I would buy health and store it so that any loved ones or I could use it if needed.

If I could buy a second thing, I would buy safety to keep myself and all loved ones safe.

And if I could buy a third thing, I would buy confidence for myself. I really lack it and need encouragement from time to time to keep it at a minimum level.

My wishes are getting simpler by the year. Maybe I'm getting old too...

I hope, sincerely and with all my heart, that the new year, 2009, will be a smooth-sailing year. It need not be a splendid year, even though it would be fabulous if it will be, but I'll make do with a year without unhappy events.

Just want all my family and friends to stay safe, healthy, and happy.

Love you. *hugs*

No comments: