December 17, 2005

So far, So good...

It's been a week since our internships started, and I'm loving every minute of it. So far, it's has been good, hopefully i will tell you i'm loving what i'm doing more and more when the weeks go by.

Frankly, when i initially received information that i'm gonna be posted there, i was wishing for the chance to go around tasting good free food with the writers and editors and be able to go around interviwing personalities. I thought it was a thing too good to be true cuz i would be photocopying, typing, and doing all the what's not.

NO!I was wrong! Gladly wrong! It's one of the rare times when i'm glad that i'm wrong. I wasn't prepared for the interview and photoshoot on Thursday cuz i wasn't sure if i could follow. Not only did they bring me along, our writer also asked me to interview the personality together with her! I'm not sure if i can reveal who it is now cuz I'm not really sure if i can cuz these stuff might be confidential til the next issue reveals it, but those who i've sent the SMS should know who she is. You can see who it is from my messenger avatar anyway..

The personality was all sweet, nice, friendly, and approachable. She even asked me if i was a soft-spoken person when i introduced myself like a mouse. Actually i was about to cough with phlegm stuck at the throat so i spoke sofeter than a mouse. But i was frank that i usually need time to warm up to people, which is an obstacle i have to remove in order for my career path to be smoother. Haha.. The interview went on smooth, and i actually felt like we were chatting when i kept reminding myself that however lively the conversation is, i don't need to say too much about myself cuz the readers wouldn't be interested in my words cuz they'll definitely be interested in hers. So during the interview when it was being recorded for future reference, apart from laughing, nodding, and questioning, I didn't talk too much. Remember we had a CA on interviewing personalities? It's like the real thing down, and it was way cool...

The stylists were talking about iPods and LV covers for their iPods like we're talking about buying batteries for our remote controls. Being part of the crew, the VIP seats right smack in the front are also always reserved for them. Makes me wonder when will i be able to get media passes and free VIP tickets to concerts. Ok, i'm backing from dreaming...let's move on..

Our writer was experience at mingling with the PR personnels, stylists, manager, and everyone. I feel as though i'm speaking to my cousin when i'm talking to her, and it's quite good. I should open up myself and be more "hard-spoken"(yes, i know there isn't such a word) and approachable so it'll be better for my survival in the future.

Besides interviewing celebrities(actually only one to date, but editor told me i can look forward to more. Muahaha..), the exciting part is i get to write too(man, i'm really nervous cuz that'll be considered when grading comes), and how could i forget the good freebies, good food from food-tasting, and the friendly and professional colleagues.

Good, great, and will be better. Looking forward to seeing it in print. Exciting!

More updates and photos when i get home from 5566's concert later! WoOhOo!!~~

Til Then Folks! A toast to whatever's ahead of us, and looking really forward to the Christmas Parties and Gatherings! Cheers! ;)

No comments: