December 11, 2005

The Last

9 December 2005

From DMC/FT/1A/05...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

to DMC/FT/3B/05.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It marked the last day of school in school of my polytechnic education.

I kept mentioning about the last emotional post i would post on the last day of school in the previous posts. Now it's really the last day.

I thought the last day wouldn't come that fast. I thought it was still a few months away, a few weeks away, or even a few days away. But i came too fast, and it ended the same way. It felt weird, the kind of feeling I didn't feel when I graduated from Primary and Secondary School.

Perhaps in the previous graduations, i could confidently assure myself that it will not be a problem to meet up with the rest frequently, the assurance that we will meet often no matter what. I'm greatly comforted that my confident assurances to myself and the rest is still intact, at least to 90% at the moment. Perhaps the weird feeling i sense now is due to the uncertainty. I wish for all of us to come together, even just over fills of Starbucks or Teh-Bings, as often as we wish too. I hope for our friendship to stay as strong, if not better, even 5 or 10 years down the road. I wish for everyone to remain in contact and i hope for at the very least, annual gatherings. But I'm not that sure now.

The last day was pretty emotional. I could actually feel it throughout the last week. It all seemed too fast. Day by day, we were busy with the final 2 assignments, busy cherishing our time together, busy planning, busy taking in all visuals and scenes around us.

The taxis refuse to come just when you urgently need it. I waited for 10 freaking minutes before i managed to grab a cab to rush to school in hand in the final assignments. I finally reached SP School of Business. It felt weird as i set foot on the grounds for school for the last time where i've spent my 2.5 years of tertiary education. The lecturers weren't in their rooms, so i slipped my report and portfolio somewhere under the rest and headed to Foodcourt 6. As usual, my dear De'Lites sat at the table for 6, brainstorming what we promised to present to our client in less than 2 hours. It was rather nerve-wrecking knowing we had such limited time, and my constant 'time-checks' to the ladies didn't help in unwrecking their nerves. It became like a class project when the guys came to the Digital Media Studio to help us out here and there. Copies of the hand-drawn logos were scanned and pasted, our Creative Director trying her best to improvise the visual using the wonderful skills she used for our Comm Project.

It was back to the classroom where the rest of the class had started the pizza feast. As we marched into the classroom and several turned to greet us, i knew deep inside i won't be seeing the same 15 faces in the same setting again from the next week. I was prepared, all of us put aside our eyeliners and mascaras, but the atmosphere was weird. As De'Lites presented our 'trophy' to sweetest Ms Nga, it still didn't dawn on me and most of us were still pretty calm. Ms Kwa took forever to come up to our classroom, and we all know why. Clutching my orange cup that contained my note with her favourite MingDao photo in it, the rest of De'Lites likewise, we were prepared to present Ms Kwa's 'trophy' to her, but she had to make us emotional. I had never teared in front my my friends, at least in my recent years, and there went my first drop of tear for the phase. I've never seen Nity and Clarice cry, Carine and Winoa kept theirs in with a look out of the window, and I'm sure Nina was glad she left her eyeliner out of the regime.

We spent the rest of the day writing notes for the rest of the lecturer for helping and believing in us for their individual 'trophies', taking photos with the lecturers and classmates, and basking in what seemed like the last few hours together in the classroom.

After several hugs, we proceeded to hand out trophies to the rest of the lecturers. Each note contained our thoughts and thanks to each of them who played a part in giving us a hand or two for our success in the Community Project 2005. Mr. Ang's reply to our note was quite surprising to few of us. Thanks to all lecturers to helped and believed in us. You don't know how much we appreciate it.

I thought i would regret taking this route on the first day of the orientation at East Coast park 2.5 years ago.

Now i leave this school, these lecturers, these classmates, with a sense of gratitude. For making my polytechnic life memorable, in a special way.

And yes De'lites, we ended it with a BANG!

The last few weeks of school was especially sweet.

The fruits of success are addictive.

The paths we've walked will remain.

The days we've spend will be etched in my mind like always.

Life had been good. It is still good, and will always be for each and everyone of us.

Cheers to success in our respective internship companies! ;)

No comments: