December 21, 2005

Like an island...

Like Pulau Ubin, I'm like an island on my own, where i get occassional visitors offering me delicacies that's too good to be rejected, simple concerns that means more than simple, and an iMac that dates back to '98 which still strives to work hard despite what's left of its counterparts' are only spares parts wanted by the some rag-and-bone men.

I'm not complaining, cuz I sort of enjoy myself and have learnt to self-entertain in that little corner of mine. Even though the table would be considered mine only for a short three months span, I'm slowing feeding it with things that would eventually make it look like mine. I enjoy customising my stuff, I'm sure you people know that, with all the rhinestones on my mobile and wallet.

When I submitted my first ever article that I've probably read through a million times before submitting, I can't help but hesitate to put it on the editor's table. I'm not sure if it's good enough to be published, but I've put in much effort for the information and referred to probably tons of sources to fill up two pages for bibliography. Even if it eventually does not turn out like what I wrote, I'll still be glad and thankful for the opportunity to write and be responsible for several sections. It feels great to be placed in charge of several write-ups, but responsibility follows and that doesn't allow for any negligence.

Gonna be going around for food-tasting tomorrow. Two feasts in a day, one lunch, the other dinner. Maybe i should be thick-skinned and ask if I can "Da Bao" another set home or back to office. Nah, kidding. My skin's pretty thin, literally. A seafood grill and a restaurant burger meal in a day. See what i mean by "I can forget about slimming during internship here..Haha"? No, no, i'm not complaining at all, no, i'm not. In fact, I see this as a good opportunity and eye-opening experience. We used to write press releases for our assignments in class, now, i'm the one reading others' press releases, presenting praises to the deserving professional and meticulous ones.

I'm constantly learning, even if I'm just flipping through the other publications for reference. Every minute, I'm learning something, things that might or might not in a way change my values and viewpoint. Quoting 'Mei Ren Yu', i agree with her totally that you get to learn something from everybody everytime, from the office cleaniness 'auntie' who deserves a 'thank you' everytime she clears your dustbin, to someone whom you've only seen on a magazine cover. It doesn't matter how beneficial the knowledge is to you, cuz at the end of the day, you learn something new.

I'm looking forward to the Christmas parties and gatherings. Even though i'm not a Christian or Catholic, I celebrate this joyous festival that allows for a great chance for people to come together. Four Christmas gift exchanges, excluding personal gifts, and the wallet is burnt. Even my 'Chinese New Year clothes fund" failed to escape being touched. All my gifts have been thought through and bears meanings.

Oh yes, and did i mentioned 5566's 5566 One World, One Dream Singapore Concert 2005 was GREAT? It was! Photos of them in action should be up in due time, i think. Suffering from 5566-withdrawal symptoms and over-loading my mp4 with their songs, flooding my mind with their images and voices with their songs in my mp4 and programmes on cable television. Haha..

Currently engrossed in National Geographic Magzines that were destined for the recycling bin if I didn't save it in time. Interesting Magazine!

And if you recognise her, yes, she has an endearing nickname in the drama which points to a legendary fairy tale being with an upper body like a human, and the lower a fish.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Til then folks! Cheers! ;)

No comments: