November 14, 2005

Hari Raya Visiting..

Hari Raya House-visitings...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Nina and Nity were kind enough to invite the De'Lites to their homes for yummilicious Hari Raya goodies and the sumptuous meals their grandparents and parents prepared. Not to forget the two girls helping out in the makings of the food, which they don't normally do.

Nina even shelled the prawns for us! And Nity fried the french beans and peeled the quail eggs! Rare? Gee..

On both days, we indulged in lots of good food, exciting gossips, and enjoyable photo-taking sessions. I love these kind of gatherings, we enjoy each other's company(I think..haha..)and all we have is fun while filling our stomachs.

We're already in the 3rd week of our last semester in this polytechnic. Another 3 more hectic weeks, and we'll all pack off to our respective internship companies. Some offices may be situated near enough for some to gather and have lunches together, sharing the latest news about this and that, while some others are away in far-away lands.

I'll miss the lunches we have everyday. I'll miss the never-ending talks and gossips. I'll miss the accompaniment. I'll miss the screaming, the fun, the fighting spirit, the good and bad times we shared, the emotional and psychological support, and everything that's etched up there in my brains.

This is like super cliche, but I just gotta say it. I really really hope we would remain in touch even in the future, like 5 or 10 years down the road. Alright, maybe we'll look at the nearer future, at least a few years? Surely it's worth more than that? I have no idea how much I'm cherished, if any in the first place, like the way I cherish others, all i'm aware of is that disappointment won't follow if there isn't any anticipation of returns.

Looking back, I realised I've changed, for the better, I hope. The experiences and exposures have taught me to always view things from a different point of view as things might not seem like what it is on the surface. Meeting different people from everywhere also enriched me in a way that I am more able to adapt to different people and try to understand other kinds of psychic.

I gotta say heaven has been kind to me by giving me classmates whom i can 'click' with. It might not be the whole class, but there'll always be some i can(or forcefully) call, 'My Clique". From V4 and "Seven Sisters" in primary school, HuiJuan and girls in secondary school, to De'Lites in the polytechnic. Whether I've left vague or deeply imprinted footsteps in your lifes, or even just a toeprint, you have left a print in my heart too. Whether we share more than a decade of friendship, whether we spend almost everyday together, whether we've spend just 10 minutes or less talking to each other in the whole time we know each other, or a simple two second "Hi-and-Bye" relationship, it is undeniable that in my book of life journey, somewhere, somehow, there is your print. I don't know if you'll rub off my imprints, but I won't rub yours off, because it records what happened at certain points in my life.

My computer failed me last night. Being entrusted with a task, it was an extremely bad time to fail. When i reached home from the discussion last night feeling pretty fulfilled that some work had been done, the computer decided to take a break and refused to restart. Taking for granted that the computer will always work for me in its life-time, I expected it to serve me well. I expected breaks from it at times, but not at this time. Mum then handed me the dinner she brought home from Granny's place, some dishes with my favourite soup, enough to make me glad. What's additional was a greeting card from Gu Ma(Aunt in Cantonese), as well as two Ang Baos from Gu Ma and Granny. As i opened the card, tears began to form in my eyes, ready to fall anytime. Seeing that the coast was clear from anyone else in the household, the droplets fell freely from the eyes to the chin, leaving a trail behind it. It was a card that contained a few simple yet meaningful words. Just the thought that they remembered this day was enough, the cards and Ang Baos were additional.

Gu Ma has always doted on me since I was a baby, even my name was given by her. Til now, i love my original name. I prefer people addressing me as HsuehChing, cuz i love the name my loving Gu Ma gave me. It means more than a name to me. Even if the word "Hsueh"-Snow in Mandarin, isn't a good word for names in FengShui, I don't care. 'Fiona' is just a name picked for convenience, nothing much more than that it seems. Images of her walking at the mall, carefully picking a greeting card just for me - her niece that had stucked to her from young who tends to keep her feelings to herself.

--------------------------------------
To: 吳雪晴
Happy Birthday and be a good girl ok?
From: 姑妈
--------------------------------------

V3 celebrated the day for me in advance today. Thank you so much for bothering and taking the trouble to celebrate this day with me for more than a decade without fail. I've never told you girls this, but I love all of you too. Having braved storms and facing hiccups together, it doesn't matter if we don't spend everyday together, you're always in my mind. The world isn't all rosy out there, but I know for sure that I can always fall back, and you'll catch me no matter how heavy I am. I insist. ;D

Ching-Sis, thanks for your willingness to spend time sewing the letters on needle by needle just for me, even if it had two letters missing. I appreciate it with my whole heart and will definitely cherish it more than gold. The days we meet in a year can probably be counted with my 10 fingers, but the friendship won't change. I hope the feeling is mutual. ;) Cher Mum, thanks for always listening to my complains and even ramblings, taking care of the little details and the willingness to do me favours and not expecting the returns. But don't be stubborn and do take care of yourself alright? Don't make us worry for you k? ;) Min Ah Ma, my best shopping, splurging, business, 'ah long', and scheming buddy. Together, we've planned numerous stuff, whether they're simply hilarious or some plan to protect some things we value. The things we've done together, the miles we've wallked, the paths we've treaded, the words we've spoken, the thoughts we've exchanged, everything is recorded and wouldn't be erased. Thanks for always bringing the smile back on when things seem bleak. ;)

You might not know the little things you've done that has touched and impacted me in certain ways, but do remember I Love You Gals always. Yes, I know it's mushy, but I don't say it often..So keep it in your safe deposit box k?

Well well, this entry wasn't meant to be what it ended up as right from the start, so i'll end this here for now...I'll leave these stuff for sometime later..Gee..

Til then folks..Cheers to good times and better times!~ ;)

No comments: