November 25, 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I must have drawn circles with the brush tool in Photoshop for a hundred times. Up til now, i don't think it looks very similar to the original one our creative director re-created. Now i see blue circles even when I close my eyes. Maybe i shouldn't complain since our creative director is seeing more colours and four-angled stuff. I don't look forward to drawing more circles, even if i might really have to...Bleargh..

At the beginning of this new semester, I mentioned this was the last six weeks in this stage of education in my life. In just a mere flash, we've come to the 4th week of this final semester. In no time, we'll all pack up and leave for our internship companies respectively. It seems that most of the people are packed to companies in town, while mine's far away in Genting Lane. I'm not complaining about the 1.5 hour journey. I'm not complaining about the cost of travel. I'm not complaining about the lack of communication. I'm not complaining about the pay. No, I'm not complaining. Just some rambling at most. I'm fortunate enough. Yes, I am.

It's been 11 days since i last blogged, cuz i've planned my entries. The next one following the 'Hari Raya' post would be of one to thank everyone who remember and/or celebrated my birthday for me 10 days ago, that's November 15, 2005. I was waiting for the visuals to arrive so i could post a full entry with 'visual aids', but they never arrived. I waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited (yes, that's exactly how many days i've waited..), but no one sent me the files. Since the higher resolution cameras have taken over my 3.2 mega pixels humble Sony camera, I've been cutting down on its exposure to the world, relying on the newer cameras. But it seems it's still best to bring my humble one out cuz i can get the pictures as soon as i get home. It seems weird now that i'm the one waiting for others to send the photos to me since i was the one sending the photos to others just some time ago.

Alright, my old humble Sony, i will continue to bring you out, more often this time, even though you're almost 3 times heavier and bulkier than the newer ones. You won't die on me, will you? I don't expect 'no' for an answer. Fortunately i brought you on the day HJ & Yutang & Gals, and a guy, celebrated mine at Swensens on Nov 16, 2005, cuz the higher resolution one failed to work or we won't have any visuals to capture the moments that day. I'm also more than glad that you managed to capture my favourite idols for me when they were in Singapore several days ago, so i could convert them into smaller files and place them in my mp4, conveniently able to see more than just still pictures whenever i miss them. I still love you, my humble Sony 3.2 mega pixel digital camera! ;D

Thanks for everything people!
Thanks for remembering in the first place! Whether your wishes came in at 12am or 11:59pm, it all mattered to me. All messages are still well in my phone. ;)
Thanks for celebrating this special day of mine for me!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Thanks so much to V3, HuiJuan & Gals(you know who you are), De'Lites (we're delightful people with delightful power, armed with delightful projects!Ok, maybe the projects part wasn't exactly that delightful. It'll be next wednesday!)
Thanks for the presents! Whether it was $10 or $100, it all mattered to me. Everything is kept carefully so 10 years down the road, i'll still recall who gave me the item and reminisce about the past.

We look intimidating? Well, i hope we truly are and not just 'look'. Everything is finally falling into place with everyone putting in their efforts. Our presenters are also fill to the brim with stress and information overload. One walked straight into a drain and another continuously doing crazy stuff, with MayDay as her encouragement and support. We're also thankful for the lecturers' flexibility to make several things easier on us.

My hair is weighing me down, or perhaps, it's just the tasks left hanging that's weighing me down. Karaoke, shopping, movies? Sorry girls, all out for me till slightly before mid-december. As much as i wish to go, i can't.

Getting sleepy. Lack of quality sleep. So much so that i'm looking uglier. Wait or have i been ugly? Ok, i don't need an answer unless it's absolutely positive, thank you.

I'm actually almost always prepared for the negative side to things, but i tend to discard the negative feelings and create positive ones instead. I don't like to be negative about stuff, whether daily life or expectations. I don't like negative shows, so when a show starts to get negative and i know that the ending isn't going to be a happy one, i'll stop watching it. Simple as that. I like to make myself happy. Why fret? Assignments not done at the eleventh hour? Don't get an anxiety attack yet, you still have the twelveth hour. Totally down when everything seems bleak or going against your wishes? Don't sink into depression yet, everything's not hopeless yet.

Oh yes, i forgot to mention that my mood swing is gone. I no longer wake up feeling horrible in the mind, nor do i tear that easily or depressed. Like i've said in the previous mock interview when i was less ridiculously nervous, through the years, i've realised not everything goes my way or as i planned, and with that, I've learnt to take things in my stride and not make megative comments when i've yet to make an effort. And when i do make an extra effort, i don't give up that easily unless it proves pointless to continue persevering.

In 5 days time, we'll be freed of the community project that we've put so much time, effort, and most importantly, money, on.
In 13 days times, we'll be freed of all projects, presentation, assignments, and CAs.
In 17 days time, I'll set foot on the building on Genting Lane with the editorial team, i hope. So will the rest of the cohort at the respective companies.
In 98 days time, we'll graduate with a Media and Communication Diploma that will hopefully get me somewhere.

I've mixed feelings about graduating. Actually, the day comes in 2 weeks time, the friday before everyone separates for their internships. Separation occurs once again.
I've learnt a lot these years in polytechnic. I have to say i've never regretted taking this path cuz i know for sure i would regret if i went the other route.

Once again, we'll leave the emotional stuff for that day. For now, we'll enjoy each others' company and bask in joy everyday, minus the CAs.

Til then folks, tomorrow is another long day. Cheers to whatever makes us all happy! ;D

No comments: