April 18, 2005

The Job Hunt

Like i promised myself, i pulled myself to the phone and put a knife at my thrat to force me to call the potential employers. The next step was to eat, change, make-up(to be presentable cuz my face's condition is not as good as Rine's), and rush down to Tanjong Pagar.

But i wasnt alone cuz job seeker jx hopped along too.

The first company was terribly packed so we gave up after 30 seconds of standing at the doorway like idiots and no one bothered to entertain us.

The rain mercilessly poured, but i was determind to find the second company. The second company was rather hard to find, but we still found it anyway. It's some direct selling of a car accessory, in carparks. Direct selling already turns me off as it's quite obvious i'm not a very vocal person. Although the attractive basic pay of $1000 Sing dollars is really tempting, i dont think that is what i really want.

You can say i'm picky, but direct selling is realy not for me.

After 2 failed attempts, we rested at a cafe called Corina, which reminds me of Cortina, the company we painfully did a 8-page short but torturing financial report on. Anyway, Mocha Latte and Apple strudel was the choice for tea-time.

The Apple strudel


Mocha Latte


After the break..we thought it was time to retreat. I needed retail therapy, so we walked to Chinatown MRt where jx left for home. On the way, we saw these cows. I've been seeing these cows everywhere. Can some kind soul tell me why? Is it just to beautify patches of undeveloped land? Hmm...i wonder...


Finally reached Chinatown after some walking and there begun my retail therapy session alone. Like Nina, i do go on shopping trips alone. It's really different, fun, i can say. Not that company is not fun, but when you go on the streets alone, you'll feel significantly different, or so i feel.

Anyway, did some shopping i deserved for pulling through the exams. I had planned to walk the shops at People's park's shops above the hawker center, but i realised that it was under major renovation. Urgh!~


But i still managed to get stuff...Here's a look at the things that i swept home...

A shimmery butterfly ring...


A crystal bracelet...


Puma pouch at an unbelievable low price...


White dangly necklace for myself...


And a crown for Princess Min..


Yeah...so these are the stuff i squandered my allowance on. I shall feast on my variety of instant noodles at home for the rest of the week.

Shall continue job-hunting tomorrow.

Never say Die!

Til then folks... ChEeRs!~ ;)

No comments: