April 17, 2005

Finally, the long-awaited moment has arrived....

Exams are finally over!~

So for now...

Ever since the exams are over, i feel a kind of lost. After watching my tv programmes, i dont know what to do. In the sense that, for the past few months, you had been burying your heads in books and the computer, studying for tests and exams and typing your reports and doing research on your computer. Now, reference books have changed to story books and magazines, computers for leisure,entertainment and online shopping, tv to pass time.

Although eating, sleeping, and whiling time away is pretty relaxing, i have to get myself a job. But it isnt that easy. Last year's holidays didnt land me in a job cuz i wasnt determined enough to source for one. This time, i sure am.

Everytime i insert my ATM card into that machine which spits cash, i feel my heart giving me a brutal pinch.

"Hey idiot! Get some money in here!" It exclaimed, staring at me was barely 10 Singapore dollars.

"Yeah yeah..i know..i know. I want to, but i dont have any! Shut up and stay there quietly while i break my head to find money will ya?"

"You better get that..."

So that's what happens all the time.

Thus, i have to find means and ways to get just that into my pathetic account. I have even thought of working in a factory as a last resort. Not that it isnt good, just that, according to reliable sources, working in a factory is no mean feat at all, which dear Cher has warned me against.

Like i said, it's a last resort, cuz there goes freedom and my pretty nails..Oops..

------------------------------------------

16 April 2005

Meanwhile, i tried my best to pack my cupboard cuz it was jammed with wanted and unwanted clothes. It was so packed that my dad said the metal bar would break anytime. I believed.

So, i got my dad to throw all my clothes out of the cupboard into the living room for me to sort out the clothes, with my brother as my assisstant.

Here's the 1st batch...only!


I found my long-lost cap which i bought on impluse in secondary 3 which i never got to wear...


While scavaging through the piles..i found a lot of clothes that accompanied me through lots of wonderful memories...

Like this one.... Remember Min? We both had a set...


Two of the pasar-malam nighties...


Xiao DIng Dang!!(Doraemon) Min!! Remember???


A Disney t-shirt which still looks rather new. Courtesy of my aunt..


Then came the 2nd batch!


Look at the amount of hangers after clearing..and this is only one-third of the whole lot. This goes to prove how much the metal bar of my cupboard has been suffering...


I forgot to take picture of the 3rd batch but it's somewhat the same...

Now the clothes are stacked like how CBD looks like, waiting for despatch...


My bear..No no no...not throwing this away..how could I?...
So cute isnt it? I treat my bear like a real dog. Geez...


--------------------------------


17 April 2005

Ching Ming Festival-A day to pay respects to your ancestors.

It was supposed to be 2 weeks ago, but due to foreseen circumstances and avoidance of the crazy traffic rush, we postponed it to this week.

It's the thought that counts. Grandpa wouldnt mind. Dad said he was a very nice man. Though i've never seen him because he passed on even before my parents could get married, i have a very good impression of Grandpa cuz of how Daddy depicted him. I wished i had a chance to meet him before he passed on, but it isnt possible. So i can only 'talk' to him in front of his altar.

Whenever i pray to Guan Yin Niang Niang and 'Ye Ye'('grandpa' in Cantonese), i'll feel totally at peace with myself and the world. Everything didnt seem that harsh anymore. I think that's the power of praying...

I then thought of what everyone tells me, "Cherish your loved ones when they're still around." Yes, i am and i will...

Anyway, we werent a family of early birds so we met up with my aunts and uncles at the Choa Chu Kang cemetary at 11am. I never fail to turn up ever since my parents brought me to pay respects to Ye Ye since the tender age of four, unless there were strong reasons.

This gesture is done twice every year, on Ching Ming Festival and Chong Yang Festival. I'm not sure what's the difference but i'm sure they're significant.

After the joss paper burned out, we paid our finals respects for this vsit by bowing together in front of the grave and informing Ye Ye that we were leaving and that we will come back to visit him soon in a few months time.

As usual, after every visit, all of us would proceed to a nearby place to have our lunch and chit-chat. I couldnt really fit into the conversations, so i brought my brother around the neighbourhood for a walk instead.

Since he helped me out in packing my mountains of clothes, i offered to buy him something cheap-i am broke, remember?

He considerately chosed some one dollar plus stuff and i appreciate that he is considerate and not greedy in this sense. Hmmm..my brother is not bad afterall. I mean, it seems like all(or most of) the brother are the same, they argue, fight, beat, or even kick you, and they dont show their soft sides to you. But if you care to take note of the little details, they do actually care. Awww..

Using the marker i just bought him, we drew some rubbish on our hands in the car cuz we got pretty bored on the way home..


Dinner at Grandma's house was great with all the delicacies that Grandma whipped up, like usual, but today's table was filled with roasted meat, duck, chicken, tasty stewed mushrooms, and stuff...We dragged ourselves home after the long day.

Home sweet home....

Then brother had to dive into his bed but he hadnt finished his art homework yet. So his sister(that's me), came to his rescue by offering to colour it for him, while he went to slumberland..

Here's my work..Dont laugh! i cant colour it too nicely, it's supposed to be from a nine year old. I personally think it looks a lot like a piece of work from a female-it is.


Well, will go job-hunting myself tomorrow...

Til Then Folks.. ChEeRs for anyone... ;)

No comments: