August 31, 2004

I went Orchard to watch "13 going on 30", and to shop a little today, with Lipeng.

Since we could not get seats for the 2:45 pm show, we got the 4:45 tickets instead. Meanwhile, we did some shopping at The Heeren Shops. I only bought a silver metal lanyard for my phone. Pretty nice one, at $4.90, it's not cheap, but it's still considered rather reasonable. Miraculously, I only bought this item for the whole day. Guess it's not appropriate for me to shop with lipeng since our tastes differ so much. Things i like, she doesn't, and when she does not like it, she'll criticise the thing til it isn't worth a cent.

Geez..compromising has to take place...haha..this reminds me of WeeTing. He must be aching so much, when you lie down, the pox on your back hurts like crazy. The most tiring task would be applying the calamine lotion every now and then. The terrible part is you'll have to part with a lot of food, for at least a month, or some food 3 months. Meals everyday are just simple fare, so simple sometimes you just don't feel like eating. I had plain porridge with steamed salmon everyday. Though salmon seems good, try eating it everyday? My god... Pox itching like crazy but you'll have to bear with it and try your best not to scratch. I fully understand your plight, WeeTing. I went through my chicken pox days not too long ago too. It's torturing, but on the thought that you have gone through another stage, you would feel better, at least you get it now, not like when you're 30 or 40, when it would really be hell then. I had an uncle who got his at 30+, he had high fever and took a month to recover fully. Geez...advise others who have not gotten their chicken pox yet, to either get near weeting and get it now, or go for a vacination. Trust me, the older you get, the worse the sufferings.

Back to main topic...
No thankz to the early dismissal of the other schools except for tertiary education(sadly), students roamed all around the place, meeting none of whom i knew. Guess people whom i knew just had "more life" than to go to Orchard(oops, no offence, i frequent the place too.) The whole place became a nightmare. I was pulling a "ya-ya" face the whole day i was there except when we gossiped about others or laugh at certain things or people. Bitchy... and that's absolutely normal!

"13 going on 30" is a rather entertaining movie. It is not any movie that really has great impact on you or teaches you any philosophies in life, but it's good enough if you're looking for a light-hearted movie to watch to have some laughs and just relax.

The thing that bothered me was that we were sitting in between 4 or 5 couples. Okay, that's alright, but when you hear smooching sounds from all around in the middle of the movie? My goosebumps scattered on the floor, and it's not just one couple doing this, there were like 2 or 3 couples smooching at around the same time! Hello? Can you feel our existence here? We're trying to watch the movie k? Do your things somewhere else! Don't do these in front of me, especially when i can't run away, when i'm trapped at the seat, desperately trying to watch the movie and trying not to divert my attention. I felt out of the place, mayb i should not have chosen the corner seat, where couples tend to do things, but i didn't have much of a choice. The theatre was packed with sec and jc students just released from their Teachers' Day celebrations.

Come to think of that, Orchard today was especially packed with students making a big fuss here and there. This is not the Orchard I like. The Orchard I like would be the Orchard when there was a SARS outbreak(i dun mean i like the virus!), the street was practically empty. It's so quiet that you can almost hear the wind when a person walks pass. Packed places aren't for me most of the time. I like to take routes where no one else is taking. For example, when everyone walks to the right, i would most probably automatically walk to the left.

Geez.. I'm not trying to be special, but i just feel like doing that. Of course, i do what most normal people do most of the time. I don't always be different, i don't desperately try to be different. But i just don't really like people to have the same things as me(depending on the person). When my dad or mum comes home and tells me they saw someone with similiar hairstyle, size, and clothings as me, I would have the idea of cutting my hair or jus doing something to it so as not to look so common. Geez...i'm scorpio, remember?

Til Then..........................................

No comments: