August 30, 2004

Busy busy...

Ms. Kwa showed us the Happy Tree Friends clip in tutorial just now. It was gross. Normally when it is broadcasted on MTV channel, i would just conveniently switch away, with the remote control always by my side. I don't think such cartoons should be shown on tv at all times, maybe at certain times like 11pm onwards, where most of the kids would most probably be sleeping. I should keep my brother away from such stuff especially when he can tune to channel 51(MTV chinese) anytime. Geez...cant stand it.

I acted as the obnoxious person for our MMR tutorial for our tutorial question. The opposite of my character. I have to be an irritating high-profile person and intercept every conversation. To put it in simpler terms, it just means poking my nose into everything. Geez, not that it's no good, but it's not me. Guess i can't act wihtout a script. Geez...

By the way, I feel quite out of touch with the recent local tv ads, been 'hooked' on Scv channels, too immersed. These channels alone keep me entertained. Ooh, i watch local tv at times too, on saturdays and sundays where i have to go to my 2 grandparents' places for dinner. Urgh, always missing those really nice shows on scv on weekends. Then again, it's for my grandparents. I raised the topic of going fortnightly instead of weekly, but my dad replied i should not have even thought of that.Shouldn't have been that selfish..k..

It seems like nowadays i have been losing focus. I can't write properly. My sentences are fragmented and info mixed up. I can't seem to organise my thoughts. It is in a mess.Bad state. My language has been plunging, as you can see. My above paragraphs were in terrible english. Totally terrible. My Feature Writing articles nowadays are simply unreadable. I detest it when my english fails to allow me to express how i really feel. It feels absolutely terrible. Even the language i use in the MMR logbook is horrible. I should do somehting now. Get myself back on track, organise my thoughts, plan my actions, get my objectives right. Get it, do it.That's it. Recognise my target, and pounce. Grabbing all good ropes thrown to me, throwing unwanted stuff. Yepz, my life would be organise, how could i bear living in a mess, like a mess? Ok.

I really feel upset when i feel that my language has plunged. Probably it was, was one of the few subjects i am interested in since primary sch days through secondary school. I remember when i was in primary 3, Mdm. Vanatta(er, something like tt...oh no..brain's memory disk full..) always praise my compositions. I would get especially excited when results for English are announced.

The first thing i would do is to check my results, then, depending on the marks, I would compare with people like Gary, who always get higher marks than me. If i realised i lost to him, i would just shut up, but if i knew i won him, i would purposely ask him for his marks. How scheming was I back then.
In sec 4, my confidence in English was totally crushed to the basement, not only ground level, but basement. Ms. Chee either gave me passable marks or failed me in every of my compo. It seemed that my compos were all like rubbish. Suddenly i felt lost, I felt I needed some people to compete with me. But they were not out to compete with me openly. I kind of enjoy the kind of competition in class in results back then in pri and sec sch. It feels totally great to win someone whom you think is capable of good results, it proves to you that you are capable..haha..I felt really dejected then, compos became a nightmare to me. Every single time i handed my compos, i felt i handed in refuse. Nothing was worth reading. The descriptive compos were strongly unadvisable for exams, especially important exams like these, GCE "O" levels, which could pretty much affect the future. But i wrote it for "O" levels anyway. I don't know which blood vessel came off my mind. I tend to be crazy at unsuitable times, at times.

Fortunately my "O" level grade for English was pretty satisfying to me, or i would have killed myself. The english grade was certainly my life. Instead of the usual english, maths, science combination teachers always advise us to work hard on, I focused on my area of interest, English and combined Humanities(social studies and Human Geography). I really have this bad habit of only putting in effort for subjects i like and neglet subjects i don't ike. I failed my A maths all through my sec 4, somehow i got lost after sec 3 and didn't wana get back on track.

All thankz to HuiJuan, who really helped me a lot in my A maths for me to get at least a C6 in my A maths. I pestered her 1 month before our prelims to coach me in A maths and I coach her English in return. However, i did notknow how to coach her in english exactly the effective way. All i told her was read more english storybooks, newspapers, and get more exposed to english. All i could do was to give her some tips here and there. Geez..Thankz gal, i really appreciate that...Cheers!~

Ok, enough of my past...back to the future.

4 more projects to go:
MMR- surveys to be cleared
ECM-meeting to discuss and clear up most load or hopefully all
OM-pending
DMA-group for project unknown yet(not that fast)

Pending stuff to be done by this week:
*Finish up my FW(Microwave Human Hearts) article
*Clear surveys
*Search for secondary info
*Study for ECM Ca1 on fri(haven't started, urgh)

til then..............................................

No comments: