October 14, 2005

Swim, Swim, Swim like a dog...

Swim, Swim, Swim like a dog...

I finally went on my much awaited swimming trip on Wednesday because Cheryl Mummy could not bear to see Little Ching throwing tempers for not bringing her to the pool for dinosaur years...

Who cares if i don't have the figure to don a swimsuit meant to kill? Who cares if I can't swim to save my life? Who cares if my hair will be harmed from the chlorine?

Putting asides all constrains, I pulled cheryl along with me to the pool at the Jurong East Sports Complex which we have not stepped into for T-rex years. Once we stepped into the place, heaven decided to play a trick on us and started crying cuz it didn't want to see me in a scanty swimsuit. However, we refused to give up and threatened heaven's decision with a KFC meal. Thankfully, heaven wipe its teared and released the sun once again so i could burn some unnecessary fats from the sinful lunch.

Whenever V4 went to the pool, our decision would normally be to keep the purple note safe in our wallets rather then throwing it in for yellow doughnut-like floats. But Cher n I decided to give a purple note up each this time so we could float without much effort. (Which defeated my main purpose of burning some unnecessary fats..Hmm..nope, i swam too actually..haha..)

Enjoyment wise, we definitely had our fill. We pretended to be kids once again and even paid for the child's fare.(For their pricing table, child's fare is meant for people under 18 years-old. Hey, I'm just a year over, I guess it's alright? Muahahaha..) We gave our weight to the floats and drifted round the lazy pool for more than an hour. Pretty amazing huh? How apt. The lazy pool for lazy people. Perfect.

Imagination brought us to 'WONDERland'. Cher was spiderman(girl actually) in the classic red and blue tight-fitting suit, while I was some ancient fairy with a costume full of dangling ribbons here and there. The spider-girl spewed cobwebs with a mere twist of the wrist and the fingers, while the fairy flies with one hand in front with the 'lotus-fingers' formation, fending herself with shots of ribbons from the sleeves with a mere twist of the wrists and fingers too. (Hey! So spiderman copied the ancient fairies' action? Hmmm...)

The man-made waves at the Wave pool seem longer than usual. Everytime the waves pushed us further in, we struggled hard to swim back to safer grounds though no matter how hard i kicked, we seem to get stucked at the same spot, not forgetting a bunch of boys constantly blocking our path to safer grounds. After the 'ordeal', our hands both ached from the gripping of our floats.(My arms are still aching from it..)

Then came the slides.. The longest slide wasn't open so we compromised and took the second best. It was fun no doubt, and we slide down the pink slide twice. Once a face-on flop into the water, and another successful stunt on the second attempt.

The sun then changed its colour, marking the end of the day with a warm cheerful orange, beckoning me to return to home sweet home.

Til then folks... Cheers to increasing funds for my long-awaited 5566 2005 concert! WooHoo!~

No comments: