October 11, 2005

Nothing really important...

Nothing really important...

We've come to the 4th week of our holidays unknowingly. I've done nothing significant during these few weeks except being a potato couch armed with the SCV set-top box with engaging programmes, a computer with internet access, a job which only allows me to work twice a week, an irritating but pretty fun brother, a constantly shouting mother, busy friends who have tight schedules who spare a few days with me for ferocious shopping trips, an adorable little 5 year-old pink teddy bear courtesy of Huimin, a 14 year-old pillow dear grandma sewed for me as a little girl which had been through storms and hurricanes with me, a few library books for some good reading courtesy of mum and Huimin's library cards due to my carelessness which led to a good $15.25 fine, and most importantly, a house to slump in.

I wish to go swimming, but i don't wana go alone and risk drowning with no one to save me. I wana go shopping, but my shopping-mates are busy with their lives, plus my twice-a-week-job income doesn't permit me to spend like i'm a rich girl. I wana go cycling, again, no one's free to play with this poor little girl. Fortunately, V4 is planning a day of fun-filled activity-packed day next week in hope of gathering the "Bball gang", or so we called this group of friends who came together every week 3 years ago to play bball at St Margeret's compound. We're gonna go cycling, kite-flying, and gobbling seafood from the steamboat, Yeah! I'm so looking forward to it man!. I wana pack my stuff, but i guess this lazy feel that comes alongside holidays restrict me.

I wana plan for the annual Tanglin Primary School's Class 6A 1998 gathering, but it's hard to even start with the obstacles ahead with some being coming up with excuses even i can't comprehend. Some say they don't have spare moolah, fine! You can sit there with a cup of plain water, its free. Some say they're not free to come, fine! I asked for opinions on the dates that are feasible, but only a few kind souls replied. If you cant make it on the dates suggested, voice it! Excuses, pure excuses. People can stir up any rubbish just to get away. The numbers are declining year by year. From a good 20+, to a mere 10. From a full day gathering, to just a few hours for dinner. Surely it isn't that hard?

I once told a friend, "If you treasure this/these people enough, you wouldn't even think of not going." I strongly adhere to this thought. It came as a passing thought, but stayed on stuck to my mind.

I'll open the invite to all as usual, but whether they do sincerely come in the hope of meeting us, the old friends of a decade, it's purely up to them. We, the organisers are tired, and sick of lame excuses. Don't ask me how lame the excuses are cuz you'll know an excuse is made up once you hear it. Fine with me if you don't wana come, it's not as if i have to beg you to come. Shoo! Bleargh...

However, i'm glad i'm doing something significant to change my life, the way i look, my confidence, and my health. Don't expect too much though, it's still at the infancy stage. Nothing obvious as yet.

Oh yes, and my English has been certified at 2.25pm on 11 July 2005. It's not coming back until it has toured the world in perhaps 80 days so you can expect me to write rubbish and broken English for sometime, rest assure i won't use lianguage though. I don't know how i got that first letter of the alphabets for my "O" levels for it, now, how long ago was that? 3 years? Woah, that's how fast time passes.

Yea, so that's my life at the moment. Perhaps this will not be for long, cuz De'Lites has got a major presentation to prepare for in hope of some prizes..Hmmm...

Well, so that's all for now folks..a boring read huh?

Til then folks... Cheers to engaging Korean and Hong Kong dramas! ;)

No comments: