September 30, 2004

Another day just passed by...

This morning when i woke up and looked a the alarm clock, it showed '7:55am'. Urgh..i'm going to be so late for our meeting for DMA at 8am. Right, 5 minutes? Not possible. I realised last night i fell asleep sitting on my chair while my computer was still on. My handphone failed to wake me up at 7:15am, cuz in the first place i didnt set the alarm. So sorry to those who had tried to contact me and couldnt, and to those who were trying to get a response from me from messenger and found that I disappeared. ;)

In the end, i reached the place at 10, only to know Ms. Peters was on leave. Therefore, we prepare an did final touch-ups for our presentation.

Thereafter, we proceeded to the clubhouse to discuss and rehearse. My presence wasnt significant, the whole time i was sitting there, blocking the way, not contributing much expet for some words, which werent that constructive even.

Time for our presentation was nearing and we walked back slowly to the business block. The legs were heavy, as if my leg was tied to some rock.

Finally, after some waiting in the editing suite, it was our group's turn.
Nity and Nina presented our proposal. The rest of us answered questions. My question was rather hard, i think. It was a thinking question, the thing was i could not get the gist of his question and misunderstood, answering totally out of the way. Haiz, i feel rather useless. Why cant i answer questions properly? Either i misunderstand the question or i cant put my thoughts into words, or i have no idea how to answer that question. Neither can i present as well as my classmates who really can present. What use have I? (I'm not wallowing in self-pity, but with hatred for myself. Gotta improve. Yes, i have to..but...how?)

Anyway, look things on the bright side. Be positive, even on a typhoon day. That's what they always say. Setbacks will appear often in our lives. It is inevitable, and these are the thiongs that make us grow up. So, the moral of the story is, try your best, dont cry over spilled milk, be positive, think on the bright side always, even if the road ahead seems too dim to walk ahead, and no matter what, never feel dejected. Yupz, i'm consoling myself. Geez...i think i'll go crazy one day and start talking to myself all the time. Geez.....

After all the thoughts, i went to Far East Plaza with Carine to look for some shoes, while waiting for Cher and Huimin. This is referred to as 'killing two birds with a stone'. I get to while my time away meaningfully, by shopping, yes!, and get what i want to buy. I've always seen this maryjanes by this shop called "Ba Pin"(direct translation: 8 items), that directly imitated the ones at Bata from Marie Claire. It was nice, and i needed a new pair of pumps. So there my $29.90 went...I was satisfied with the pumps, fitting and presentable. But i sort of did a minor change to it when i got home. I cut the strings off, cuz they were a bit too 'tightening', so 'tightening' that it hurts.

After meeting Cher at Far East and Carine left for home after getting her pair of shoes too, we went to meet Huimin at Somerset. We had dinner at the Glutton Square. We had hokkien mee, fried kway teow, and fried oyster with egg. the hokkien mee and fried kway teow were expensive and not particularly nice. The fried oyster with egg was nice, but i prefer it without the oyster...haha...Suddenly, a middle-aged man walked towards us and started talking.

"Eh, why are you here?" the man asked huimin.
"Come here to eat..you?" she replied and asked.
"Help my friend sell goreng pisang lor." he replied, pointing to the stall directly behind where we were sitting.
"Want some a not?" he asked.
"Eh, ok lo."
"How many you want?"
"3 enough, or how many you want to give me?"

Soon after, he came back with 3 goreng pisangs, all free. Hee...yummy...

Following up was to OG. I finally bought the Pocillini document bag. I couldnt find it at John Little in Jurong Point, that's why i was rather exhilarated when i found it there. And there flew my $26.90. Satisfied with y shopping..sort of...;)

Well, that's about it for today...

Til Then Folks...*yawns* Nitez...

No comments: