August 13, 2006

Finally, a job I've wanted..

The long wait is finally over...

Finally, the long wait is thankfully over. I've landed myself a job in a production team with a production house apparently quite well-known in the industry. To be exact, they call it an internship and therefore there won't be a salary but we'll be given an allowance for it. Exposure to the industry is what I need and want most presently, the quite satisfying allowance is actually a bonus though it can't quite be compared to a salary.

I introduced myself as a tv-addict during a part of the interview. Very apt, eh? It sounds funny, but I do enjoy watching 'the makings' of some productions more than the production itself at times. Haha.. When I was young, I thought I had an interest in acting and even signed up for some acting classes. Sadly, the classes never started cuz there were insufficient applications to start a class, while the karaoke class had too many applications that they started two classes for it. Urgh.

The interviewer said the people there are generally fun-loving people, but some not-so-pleasant words may be thrown around sometimes when production deadlines are approaching. Well, I fully understand that, it happens everywhere(almost), isn't it? One can't take these words blurted in the heat of the moments to heart cuz you'll end up being the only one hurt. I've learnt that. Quite long ago. My previous editor calls it 'creative criticisms' - how apt.

So, it's a brand new opening for me when the sun rises for me tomorrow.

I'm hoping for it to be a good day where I'll learn the ropes while having fun. Is that too much to ask for? Hmmm..ok, i'll lower my expectations then. How about just a reasonably pleasant day where I'll start with hanging on to the rope? Sounds good enough.

Wish me good luck!

Til then folks! Cheers!

No comments: