January 18, 2006

The Double "Yu" Birthday Celebration
~ January 13, 2006 ~

The celebration saw new faces as well as the usual old ones like mine. Several common ones couldn't make it, like Hj who was caught was with deadlines, so am I, but i made it anyway.

So we chosed Lao BeiJing restaurant, or rather, the birthday girl picked this place out of the 13 restaurants list i provided. Moveover, my fellow colleague recommended the place, and when she says it's good, i suppose it must be good.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Good decor for the mood. Somehow the place reminded me of the days where the 30 (or so) of us went to Beijing for a cultural immersion tour. The trip was great, but i believed it would be even better for me if i've made my presence felt more immensely. I think i have this big problem, of hiding away in a corner cuz that's where I'm most comfortable without my facade. It takes truly sincere individuals to convince that pair of hands of mine to remove the layers gradually. Corners and people I know i'm truly comfortable and feel secure with are my comfort zones, but to be able to survive in the 'treacherous' world and to enjoy life better, pulling myself out of the corner is something that requires immediate actions. Perhaps i just feel inferior due to the larger surface area i occupy, constantly concerned about others' view of me too much for my own good.

Work-wise, it's been great and real fun. People envy my job, to eat and write. Sure, it's enjoyable, and definitely it feels great to taste good food -- free. On the other hand, i might be given chances to try out other areas as well.

Anyway, it's time to plan my life ahead as time ticks pass every second. Graduation draws close, in fact, a little too close. Though i'm dying to graduate, i'm thrown into what seems like a confusion as well. Haven't been able to put my thoughts into appropriate words. I admit i'm bad at expressing myself, am pretty sure people around me know that. I'm constantly at a lost for words. Perhaps those communication classes aren't that redundant afterall. I desperately need more confidence. Praise me more please? Or is anyone selling confidence at a reasonable price? Call me at 1800-confidence-wanted. Gee...

Time to read more books-- constructive books.

Been thinking a lot about life lately, so much that i'm beginning to lose touch with the world. Unfortunately, those thoughts about life has failed to make me love shopping less. All those dramas portraying characters dealing with the unpredictables and uncontrollables instil new values of life in me. When scenes of the dramas happen in life, it seems so unreal. I try deluding myself it's not real, but i have to face it. It is real, afterall. Life, it's extremely fragile. It's not by choice, when destiny decides to play a trick on your life, you won't even get a chance to say 'Goodbye'. You can choose what to do in your life journey, but you can't direct exactly how it'll turn out. It'll be good to tkae things as it is and cherish whatever's given. I can't read people's thoughts, but i try to be sensitive to these feelings. Sometimes i wonder if it's necessary to do so since similar treatments are not returned as frequently as they are given out. Oh well...why bother about thinking that much in fact? Like the Chinese saying goes, the boat will naturally adjust itself to proper state when it reaches the harbour. So we'll just let it be for now...

I believe all good souls will eventually rise to heaven for peace and bliss. It'll be regardless of religion, race, nationality, and everything else that divides human beings.

By the way, my main motive here, is to publish these photos taken during the Double "Yu" birthdays Celebration but I guess i digressed a tad too much.. Gee..

Here goes..

Photos courtesy of Yutang's camera..

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket


Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket

That's all folks, for now..

Cheers to a brighter day ahead! ;)
Image hosting by Photobucket

No comments: