November 02, 2005

First Day of school, Last semester of the Diploma course

Just some random thoughts..

It's the first day of school for the last semester of our Diploma in Media and Communication. In no time at all, every single one of us would walk away with the certificate, regardless of its value or worth. Different individuals view its worth definitely, but i dare say it isn't at all useless, we learn different values and thoughts from different things and people.

It's amazing how people from all walks of life, all kinds of upbringing, all kinds of backgrounds, all kinds of values and thoughts, come together and learn from each other. True, learning the truth hurts sometimes, but isn't how growing up and facing the world is?

The world isn't always rosy, nothing comes naturally, nothing should be taken for granted. When we were kids, the adults could protect us from undesirable materials from everywhere and keep us from harm. As we grow up, the adults no longer have that much ability to protect us, and it's all up to ourselves, to protect ourselves. Some are borned with golden spoons, while some with wooden ones. Everyone is given a chance into the world.

My secondary teacher used to tell us, "Everyone is a winner right from the start when you were just a tadpole since you made it through harsh conditions to emerge the winner in the swimming race."

Well, maybe yes. Maybe no. Some lead lifes that're so comfortable that money drops from the sky while some are borned just to suffer. Then, i start to question what's life about, though i never get the answer. Perhaps someday i'll be enlightened, perhaps...

Some random thoughts here and there, nothing concrete, no summary, no lead paragraph, no execuetive summary, no agenda.

Thoughts come in easily when i'm bathing, a considerable amount of people said that bathing is the time when you're most relaxed. That is also partly why many sing better in the bathroom than in the ktvs. Bleargh..

Sometimes i think i think too much for my own good. Well, horoscope experts say this is the character of a scorpion. I sort of believe in horoscopes cuz i see myself in some other scorpions. It's pretty scary actually, to see yourself in others. The similiar behaviours, similiar thoughts. It's as though we can predict each other's next move, then again, the other party might just change its mind.

Mysterious, is another characteristics of typical scorpions. Pretty true for me huh? I once mentioned i don't take down my facade that easily, but when i do, i give my whole heart and please do reciprocate or else what's left of the scorpion would be the tail-where it's poisonous, heartless, and nothing but cruel.

Personally, i think i lack a very good point of most scorpions-confidence, sometimes even arrogance. I lack confidence. Confidence in myself, confidence in the work i produced. I was shock by the grade of my "O" level English(not that it was a 1), and thought it was 'by luck', it never chanced upon me that my work would be recognised. I would love to get my script back, and take a look at how the stormy weather on the day the paper was taken had gotten me into 'the mood' for writing.

I like being a scorpion. Prefably a cold-blooded one. A Chinese proverb says "Good begets good". Sometimes, i can't help but doubt. I don't expect any rewards from any good. Good comes from within. Often or not, my good is not returned with good. I shall not go on and harp on how reality is cruel cuz i've done that some time ago.

Big plans should come in place soon, i hope. "Time is running out, no more dragging HsuehChing, you're lagging. Lagging far far behind. Where's the HsuehChing with the fighting spirit? Where? Where? Where?"

Where, I have no idea.

A stone or an unpolished gemstone? You decide.

"Enough of aimless rambling HsuehChing, you're getting boring"

"Yes, i agree."

So i shall end this post with some comments on the first day of school and plans for the rest of the week.

The 2 hours tutorial didnt feel like a tutorial, instead, it felt like a gossip session with some technology topics inter-weaving here and there. It was pretty fun and time passed quickly, hopefully future lessons would pass that easily too, not that i'm that anxious to get out of here since my internship placement hasn't been confirmed. (Speaking of which, I'm darn nervous!) And we have a class blog just for the module, how cool is that?

Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday shall be shelved for working, which meant money! Muahahaha..

Friday is reserved for a feast! Double Muahahahaha...

Alright, that's the end of my rambling session. See, random enough huh? I hereby wish everyone a good health alongside good financial status and good companions. (I seriously am going crazy.)

Til then folks...Cheers to budding Media and Communication Professionals..Muahahaha..;) (Someone just slap me awake!)<---Kidding..

No comments: