July 25, 2005

I'm a brave girl!

I'm a brave girl!



I finally went to cut off the darn ingrown toenail! Finally..

I had read up cases and explanations on the internet, i even read one case that was so serious that she was referred to the hospital because it caused some infections. Fortunately mine wasn't that serious yet, if i had dragged it any longer, it might just become worse.

But i had not, simply cuz it hurt too much, so much that i couldn't wear covered shoes, so much that it hurts like crazy when gently touched.

I musteered my courage and called my family doctor's clinic.

"Hello, eh, i would like to ask about removal of ingrown toenail."

"Oh, remove ingrown toenail ah?"

"Ya, may i know how much is it?"

"It'll be $50."

"Oh, $50. (I had expected it to be more expensive)"

"Ok, then do i need to make an appointment?"

"No need, just come in the afternoon lah."

"Oh, ok. Thanks! I'll come tomorrow then."

Then i thought, Rine's right, 'get it over and done with'. So i set my mind, went home, and dragged my mum to the clinic with me.(Actually she went with me voluntarily..)

When we reached the clinic, i still felt rather calm, glad that i had made the decision to finally come for this minor operation. When the doctor took out all the tools and the anesthetic.

"It'll hurt a little when i inject the anesthetic jab."

"Ok" i replied, feeling more nervous by the second.

Man, the jab really hurts...But i clenched my teeth, held my hands tightly together, and squeezed my eyes shut, thinking "This has to be done!"

Slowly, my toe lost all senses, and the tools were taken out.

"Do you want to watch?"

"No" i replied without hesitating.

So i laid down, and looked at the doctor's qualifications hung beside me while he removed the ingrown.

Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, NUS. (wow..)
Bachelor of Science(Hons) Flinders University. (wow..)
Many more qualifications..(wow..)

I seriously doubt i'll ever get that many qualifications, not to mention getting honours..

So the ingrown was removed...The doctor showed me the part of the nail that cut into my flesh, it was covered i blood. My poor toe...

It didn't really hurt when the effects of the anesthetic jab went off, but i was to stay home and allow my feet to rest for a few days.

So that means no shopping! URGH!!!

Nity commented that my wrapped toe looked like marshmallow...OK...




Lucky felt sad for my toe...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This little dog felt emphatised with me...


Even the tiger looked over here...


My bear bear pitied me...

it was so in shock that it almost fell down...


that the cow turned pink...


that Rine covered her face...


that Nina, Rice, and Nity tried to be funny...



Nity even tried to play a slow for me...eh...


KIDDING...

So my toe is slowly recovering now...

Lesson to be learnt: Never cut your nails way too deep!

Til then folks!~ Cheers to my bravery..Haha.. ;)

No comments: