July 11, 2005

Double-boiled Black Chicken Soup

Double-boiled Black Chicken Soup



Double-boiled Black Chicken Soup, a soup to that is supposed to bring you back to health, and is especially suitable for the females who are naturally not as strong in the body constitution.

I love this soup, but my mum tends to put too much "Dang Gui"(a kind of herb) so occassionally it'll taste somewhat weird. Putting aside the weird taste, mum's black chicken soup is quite nice actually, considering the effort and time she puts into it.

A lot of youngster do not like these herbal kind of stuff, but i do like the unique herbs' taste and smell. Probably because i've grown up drinking and eating kinds of concoction from the medical hall and actually recovering fully.

"Aiya, nowadays all those kids don't know how to drink these kind of herbal soup one la. They only know how to complain smelly and not nice! Don't know what's good for them."

How true...

V3 once said i must have been the boss/lady boss of a medical hall in my previous life to like herbs. Well, i suppose...

That then brings us to the recent raves about Traditional Chinese Medicine(TCM).

I remember seeing a forum discussing about the credibility of RCM. Surprisingly or not, 80% claim that they do believe in TCM. Reason for most of them being the existence of TCM tracks back to the ancient days where people fully depend on these hearbs to recover from illnesses. If it had been useful for such a long time, it sure is reliable.

Gee... Perharps i might lose interest in working in the media one day, get a chinese sinseh liscense, and set up my own TCM clinic...

You never know about the future...

Today past rather quickly, probably ecause i skipped the first 2 tutorials to prepare for my WFW retake.Can you believe i actually requested for it? Yea, you heard right, i requested for it. Well, at least i have a decent mark for it now. :)

Cheryl and I were like gluttons today, eating from place to place, stuffing ourselves crazy even though we weren't exactly starving. But i'm glad i had my double-boiled black chicken soup. I love jurong west market. Besides the good food, cheap but wide variety of stuff, it brings back wonderful memories, memories that cannot be forgotten, be it my previous "Old House" as i call it, the Yong Tau Foo i always had just beside my block cz it was sold by 2 old folks, the ever-active RC members' folk dance or whatever dance they dance, or the pasar malam that proved too noisy even after 11pm.

Well, gotta work tomorrow. Thank goodness, finally i can anticipate some cashflow INTO my bank account and not the usual outflow. First day of work tomorrow, kinda worried that i'll make a fool out of myself... Wish me luck...

Til then folks... ;)

No comments: