March 29, 2005

Lunch at The Rice Table 29 March 2005

Having Food therapy for consecuetive 2 days has caused my poor pink crowned wallet to bleed to show a bloody red.

Yesterday was Fish & Co. Today came The Rice Table.

Both are nice, but i think The Rice Table lunch today was more worth it.

Initially, we pondered and "argued"(peacefully) over where we should lunch at, after surviving dreadful EOF, rather pleasent WFM, and to prepare for 4 more wars in a week's time.

During brainstorming, hundreds (exaggerating) of restaurants' names emerged, but 3/4 of them were rejected cuz there weren't halal.

We even thought of petitioning to a lot of present non-halal places to become a halal restaurant so The De'Lites wont have such a headache the next time we search for a place to dine at. Ya, sounds so easy huh...

Through careful planning and convincing dear Rine who at first craved for "ang-moh" food, we decided on The Rice Table. Yeah!

On the way...


Smart (or auntie. you choose...) Rice reserved a table for 6 before the lunch hour came in and automatically, we got the table nearest to the counter. Which meant we could get refills easier. Hahaha...

The food came in one by one, row by row. Soon, the 3 tables were filled with tasty cant-wait-to-eat food, calling out to us.

Hmmmm....




Before....



After...(This does not include refilss..Woah!)


The food was swipe out in no time at all cuz almost every dish was superb. I like the Sambal KangKong, Kebab, Rendang, and Tauhu Telok especially. Hmmm..Just the mere mention of it makes me drool...

And did i mention it's only $15 a person for lunch?

It's supposed to be $12.80++. Adding in the service charge and GST, it's only $15! It reasonable man..Really..

All day, i kept Rine's water-bottle with me. Quite often or not, once she sits down, i'll ask her whether she wants water or not. (Obviously it's to lighten my bag which was originally heavy. I dont know why it's tt heavy when i dont need to bring any stuff for school or whatsoever. Maybe it's just me just dumping everything into a big bag. Maybe i should learn from Rice. To carry a smaller bag so as to force yourself not to dump that many things in there. But then again, Rice's bag is small, but heavy too...Hmmm...).

Anyway, it sounded like the Mummy wanting the kid to drink water constantly and i became the water-bottle-bearing 'Mummy" (or more like 'Maria'), chasing the kid to drink water to hydrate yourself in sunny Singapore. Hahaha...

I saw so many pretty shoes, and i am so so so much tempted to buy, and my heart sort of 'ached'(psychologically) cuz my financial status didnt allow me to.

I made myself promise not to buy any 'luxury' stuff(including stuff like shoes, clothes, accessories, and etc) until i get a job. But looking at the speed i'm going at, i'll probably never be able to buy anything. Urgh..that's extremely heart-aching...*Pounds heart*

We had so much fun shopping that i lost track of time. I was supposed to head for home at 3pm to 'baby-sit' my kiddy brother while my parents head to a dinner, but i only realised the time at 4pm. Fortunately i made it home in time t 5pm.

When Mummy and Daddy left for dinner, the house was all to us.

Home alone.

It was pretty fun, me being the decision maker for everything.

"On air-con"

"Drink cold drinks"

"Watch DVD"

"Time to eat dinner"

After watching the cartoon, 麥 兜 波 羅 油 王 子 (Mai Dou, Bo Luo You Wang Zi), which was in Cantonese because it is a HongKong production, i started speaking to my brother in Cantonese--which he didnt really understand except for the "Are you full?" part.

It was fun making him say "I'm full already" in Cantonese and 'threatening' him if he didnt. No, i didnt torture him...I'm a good sister ok?!?!

Fortunately my brother obeys me rather often and seldom opposes me. I feel that i often "make use" of him without him realising it. But he IS slowly realising it and would gradually stop taking things and running errands for me. Recently, he made a rule for me. That is, he would only run an errand for me a day, no more than 1. Right...

So the moral of the story is, "Do what you can while you still can."

Hahaha...

Til Then Folks.. ;)

No comments: