November 15, 2004

15th Nov 2004..My Birthday..

Clock--11:30pm

30 more mins and my birthday would be over. 18 is here, Bye 17.

18 years ago, at 5:40pm in some operation theatre in Gleaneges Hospital located somewhere near Tanglin Mall and opposite The British Council, this baby girl called Ng Hsueh Ching came into this world.

"Don't worry Mr Ng, your daughter's perfectly healthy. She cried the loudest."

Oh well...Thanks to the doctor's smack to make me cry. Dr Lawrence Chan. Hey, if you're reading this,(which obviously is impossible)a big Thank You to you for bringing me safely to this world after i refused to land on earth the normal way and chosed to be brought out of a cut.(Simply, cesarean.)

Courtesy of Dictionary.com:
Cesarean
adj : relating to abdominal delivery [syn: cesarian, caesarean, caesarian] n : the delivery of a fetus by surgical incision through the abdominal wall and uterus (from the belief that Julius Caesar was born that way) [syn: cesarean delivery, caesarean delivery, cesarean section, cesarian section, caesarean section, C-section, cesarian, caesarean, abdominal delivery]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

14th November 2004. 12 midnight crept pass silently.

Messages pounced in one by one. HuiMin, Ching, Carine, Cheryl, and EckThiam. Engulfed with warmness, i smiled all the way to Dreamland.

When the sun shone bright this morning, another 3 messages awaited me. HuiJuan, Nina, and ShiHui. This day, plain water tasted like sugar solution to me.

"Happy Birthday" was evident in every message.

Of course. not forgetting Jolyn's early wishes 10 days ago, Cindy's e-card a day ago, and Gavin's MSN pop up window greeting "Happy birthday.." 20 mins ago. Most importantly, my parents' wishes last night. A sleepy "Happy Birthday!", but it meant so much to me.

Thankz all. Your simple gesture warmed my heart. Sounds cheesy? Nah..I would say it's mushy time. ;)

I used to think who in the world would remember my birthday. I'm just a nobody in this vast world. If anyone remembers my birthday, or even notice my existence, I'm rather thankful. (Alright, i'm just getting emotional, for no specific reason.)

No one owes anyone anything in this world, nothing is for granted. When someone helps me, i would be grateful, cuz there's no need for the person to help you. That's why i normally make an effort to say a simple "Thank you". If I ever forgotten, here's one, "Thank you". Simple enough, but I think it carries your sincerity.

However, i realised it's hard to say "Thanks" to people close to you. For eg, your family members and/or your closest friends. It seems that we tend to take for granted that things should be done for you.

Hmm..Digressed? I think so too..

So here's my day today..

My family and I went to Kui**in Bo(no advertising fee, so no advertising.. ;>) for their lunch buffet. I must say their food is worth the price. I finally tried the paper mini steamboat. It was excellent! Loved the soup base. Then came the sushi, the tamago sushi was generously slapped on with a large piece of Jap-styled omelette. Their fried stuff was superb, complete with my favourite Jap-style curry sauce. My, I'm drooling... Their chawanmushi(steamed egg) was so delicious that my mum took another one. Man...and how could i have left the dessert out? The blueberry cheesecake virtually melts in your mouth(not in your hands!), and the Matcha(green tea) ice-cream was just nice, not too sweet or bland, perfect with some chocolate rice and minimum raisins. Thirsty? Head for the refreshing ice green tea just beside the ice cream machine or go for the orange juice or fruit punch!(just make sure you dont punch someone!..geez...lame huh?)

All of us were practically bursting after the sumptuous meal. My mum and I headed straight to the toilet. Yepz, you got it.

After much walking(as you know, suntec is oh-so-large)our legs begged to be given a rest. Not wanting to waste my birthday sitting in some shopping mall, allowing some people to watch us like monkeys(i'm sure you've experienced crazy pple staring at you for god-knows reasons), i sprung up and chased my family.

"Let's move on! I dont wana waste my birthday sitting around at some crowded people-packed shopping mall just to rest!"

Our long journey to where my dad's car was parked begun, we dragged our feets, determined to get past the crowd. From one suntec tower to the other.

On the way, we saw Michelle Chong and Terence Cao filming some varity show. Many quickly went forward, armed with their camera-phones. Gotcha, i was one of the exceptions who did not. Geez..

The first thing my mum said to me was, "You see, Michelle Chong's waist so small."

"Of course la, that's why TummyT**m(once again, no advertising fee, so no advertising ;>) wanted her to endorse their product ma." i replied.

Finally! Peace prevailed in the car.

At approx 9:30pm, out came my yummy Chocolate birthday cake. We sang the birthday song, i made 3 wishes, cut the cake, distributed, and of course, ate.

Geez..had quite a shopping spree.

Since MyPicGallery is down, the pics shall be posted at a later date until further notice.

Til Then Folks..ChEeRs to my 18th birthday!..;)

No comments: